The position is a full-time contract role for the months of December and January with the option to extend into a full-time role if both parties see fit.
We believe that the future of hiring is distributed and community-driven. Individuals are finding connection, education, and content through digital communities. Whatever the medium, talent is congregating in communities at a scale we've never seen before. As a result, these communities have become exceedingly valuable resources for companies and recruiters to tap into. However, when it comes to hiring, these groups are constrained by janky, analog tools— a hiring channel in slack, or a jobs feature at the end of a newsletter.
Pallet is the recruiting OS that unlocks this talent. We build recruiting tools for creators and communities that help their members to get hired. Currently, we're fortunate to partner with some of the best people in the space, and our early partners include Lenny Rachitsky, Femke, Packy McCormick and Sahil Bloom (amongst many others). In addition, we're backed by world-class investors and have raised over 6 million dollars in seed funding.
About the role
We are looking for a college student or entry-level candidate that's both passionate and knowledgeable about tech and its various sub-industries. You'll be leading a project that will directly contribute to our ability to scale up the business. Amongst other things, you'll be curating and organizing a market map of top companies across the tech space. You love to research and compile resources. You are a competent, thorough, ambitious generalist ready to execute on the various projects thrown your way.
Who You Are
- At least 6 months of professional experience
- Generally knowledgable about Tech and its various sub-industries
- Ability to move at speeds normal people would find impossible
- There's nothing too big or too small that you're happy to take on
- Ambitious and competitive, we're taking on a nearly trillion-dollar industry and we want someone crazy enough to believe that's possible
- You respect and honor people from all walks of life. Pallet is an inclusive team and we treat people with respect regardless of their background
- (Ideally) Based in NYC. You'd have full access to our Soho office over the course of your time here. Remote available in exceptional cases
- (Optional) A great poker player - Friday nights at Pallet are poker nights
Why you should join
- You want to experience life at an early stage, high growth startup. As a member of our small team, you'll get front row seats to how an early, venture back startup operates, and will have a hand in shaping our future successes.
- We're taking on a massive industry with a new approach. The challenge is monumental, but in a space that hasn't seen innovation in a long time — we plan on upending it from the ground up.
- Work on a product that will improve lives. You will be directly supporting creators, communities and talented individuals to help move the industry of recruiting away from the nepotistic pipelines that have dominated it over the last century.
- You'll join a close-knit team of smart, talented, and motivated individuals. We're a team of former employees at companies like SpaceX, Peloton, Microsoft, Red Bull and Shipt.
Why you shouldn't
- We're small, so if you'd prefer working in a more structured and established environment, we're probably not the right fit for you. Life here is fast paced, which we know is not for everyone.
- You don't like having a high level of responsibility. While we're extremely excited about what we've got on our hands, we won't pretend like we have all of the answers. Problems will arise, oftentimes you'll be the authority on solving those problems.
- You feel that work makes up only a small part of your life. While we respect and understand people who choose to live a more balanced lifestyle, we are maniacal about winning in a competitive space and need teammates who can throw themselves into our mission.
To apply, send an email and resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!